Would you like to bring your passion and initiative to an award winning company at the forefront of Fire & Life safety? Would you like to join a team of diverse and talented colleagues and learn new skills through a combination of on the job and industry leading training and development?
Due to continued growth, Guardian Fire & Security is now seeking to recruit a Trainee Fire Extinguisher Technician for the greater South East region.
Operating from our Support Office in New Ross, Co. Wexford, primary duties and responsibilities will include:
• To inspect and maintain fire extinguishers as per Irish Standard 291
• To carry out fire protection survey’s at customer sites as required
• Maintaining customer and company documentation
• To provide customer training in the use of fire equipment
• Promotion of the company’s other products and services
• To maintain the company’s ethos of excellent customer service
• To liaise with office/engineering staff as required
• Manual Handling of fire extinguishers and equipment
• To undertake any training as requested by the company
Working towards achieving third-party accreditation to Irish Standard 291, the successful candidate will be mechanically-minded, flexible and demonstrate excellent attention to detail.
The role involves direct contact with commercial customers and therefore requires excellent communications skills (verbal & written).
Candidates must be I.T. literate and possess a desire for personal and professional development.
A Full, Clean B Driving Licence and submission to Garda Vetting is required.
Candidates should also have obtained as a minimum; Leaving Certificate or equivalent education at time of application.
However, no previous experience necessary as full training will be provided.
To apply, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Margaret Goldsmith, Guardian Fire & Security, Support Office, Bosheen Road, New Ross, Co. Wexford Y34 XD34.
Informal enquiries are welcome. Please feel free to contact Margaret on 051 448774 or by email as above.
Closing date for applications is 5pm Friday 4th September 2015
Guardian Fire & Security is an equal opportunities employer